January 25, 2011

Celebrate Your Self

A few days ago, I was writing a birthday greeting to someone and part of it says, "Enjoy your special day and celebrate yourself."  The moment I typed those words a bell rang in my head, "DING...!!!"

How many of us actually do celebrate "us"??? We celebrate occasions, events, and other people but ourselves? Hardly! Most of the time, we don't even like ourselves much less celebrate! We can be our own worst critic :(

I'm not advocating for us to be narcisstic, no far from it. I'm asking us to see the good and beauty in ourselves, appreciate ourselves, and love ourselves. Be kind to ourselves. I know when we are able to see the good in "us", we would also be so much kinder and gracious to others.

"Love your neighbour as yourself." To be able to truly celebrate others with all sincerity, I must be able to first celebrate myself. 
The ability to celebrate self gives 
one a zest for life and living.  

You are worth celebrating. God rejoices (celebrates) over you. 

Think for a moment, what would you do if you were to celebrate yourself? Go ahead and do it. 
Find occasions to continually celebrate the person that is you and the life that is uniquely you. Today you are alive and it is a good day to start ~.~

Cheers to you and me!


1 comment:

  1. how interesting. we were just talking about the abovementioned verse in CG last nite. the manual was saying that we can only love our neighbor to the extent that we love ourselves. self-care is an easily forgotten human need.

    ReplyDelete