January 21, 2011

Inside Out

I was in Chiangmai for a Silent Retreat in December, 2010, just a month ago. One morning, I was staring at a papaya tree. Half of its leaves were dried,withered, and drooping. But, the tree was laden with fruits. I was never a poet but these words filled my mind..."Withered leaves drooping down, not a pretty sight. Luscious fruits a glorious crown, reveals what's inside."

The withered leaves; dry, shrivelled and listless reflect some areas of my life at that time. Not a pretty sight. But it's what's inside (Christ) that causes the fruit to come forth, abundantly. The external does not matter, much as I want to 'look good' all the time. Some areas of my life may be dry and shrivelled for a season but because of Christ in me, I shall be fruitful regardless. 

"Abide in Me and I in you and you shall bear much fruit", Jesus said. What's inside determines the level of fruitfulness of my life...INSIDE OUT, not the other way round!

No comments:

Post a Comment